Paper II : INDIAN GOVERNMENT OF POLITICS
1. Introductory Note on the Nationalise Movement in India:
Brief and Sketch survey from 1885 to 1947
2. Constitutional Assembly Making of the Indian Constitution.
Salient Features of the Constitution - Amending Procedure.
3. Indian Federation: Union State Relations Recent Trends.
4. Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
5. President Election, Powers and Functions.
6. Council of Ministers Cabinet Prim Minister. Position and importance of office of the Prime Minister.
7. Parliament: Composition, Powers and Functions.
8. Judiciary: Structure and Organisation: Supreme Court Composition, Powers and Functions. Judicial Review Judiciary as on arm of Social Change
9. Indian Party System: Major National Parties and Regional Parties.
10. Social and Economic Factors in Indian Politics: Language, Religion Caste, Regionalism, Peasant, Trade Union, Youth and Tribal. Movements their impact on National Integration.
11. Election Trends and Voting Behaviour.
1. Studies in Indian Democracy: Aiyer SP & Srinivasan R.
2. Introduction to the Constitution of India: Basu D.D
3. Aspects of Indian Constitution: MG Gupta
4. Indian: Government and Politics in a Devloping Nation: Hardgrave, R.L.
5. Select Constitutions: A.C. Kapoor
6. Modern Government : Mahajan V.D.
7. The Government and Politics of India: Morris James, W.H.
8. Indians Constitution : Pylee, M.V.
9. The Indian Political System: Palmer, N.D.
10. Landmarks in the National and Constitutional Development: Singh, G.N.